Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The time of outdoor skating

Although I have yet to pull on skates, I have noticed that outdoor ice is available. They've begun to flood an area for a rink at Linwood. The ice is still pretty rough, but it probably will get better in the next couple of weeks. First we have to live through another storm - rain, sleet and snow are all predicted in the next two days, so the ice will have to wait a while before it gets better.


The end of 2010 is just two days away. It's been a good year in many respects and it's sad to see it go, but I think 2011 has prospects. Happy New Year.

3 comments:

Santini said...

More blue sky. Remember the warm-up shack next to the tennis court/skating rink in Coleraine?

Jimi said...

SC: I remember it well. I also remember the frozen toes that got me to go inside. Those were some cold temperatures.

Santini said...

And cheap skates. Modern skates probably are better designed to keep feet warm and dry. Still, it was a good place to go to get outside and get some exercise. It was that or the sledding hill behind Laines/Ericksons.