Sunday, December 19, 2010

It's almost winter

The autumn is almost done. Two more days and we're into winter. I went out to walk around this afternoon in pretty good sunshine, although it was after three and the sun was very low in the sky.

For any who may be lonesome for snow banks and all things winter, I have this photo of the street in front of my house.


The snow plows were out again to try to widen the streets and get them ready for the next snow event. For the second time since the big storm, they pushed back the street snow into the shoveled out walk and forced more labor from many of the citizens of the Capitol City. The corners of the blocks where the access to the streets had been cleared are again clogged. We're having some fun here in the north country.

Yesterday's tennis was odd. Jerry and I lost to Pat and Bob 2-6, 6-1, 1-6 - three lopsided sets. To be fair, Jerry and I were fatigued and playing barely adequate tennis the first and third sets, but managed to get it together for one set at least. It was good to be able to play and I am happy to still be doing it.

Incidentally, the two bikes that I previously noted as snowed in on St Albans and Grand have been retrieved from the snow banks.  Loved once again.

1 comment:

Santini said...

Lonesome for snowbanks and all things snow? Surely you jest. I still haven't fully warmed up yet.