Saturday, December 4, 2010

It snowed overnight

I awoke early because the snow prognosticator said we'd have six or so inches of white loveliness on the ground by morning. I also had a date with some tennis players at 8:30. So by 6:45 I was shoveling snow. At 8:30 I was playing tennis inside at Wooddale, and by 11:00 the shoveling project was completed. Tonight there is a Capitol City snow emergency, wherein the city plows the streets according to their grand plan.

I took the photo of my freshly shoveled walk at about 11:06. It was a light snow, fluffy enough to be called powder some places, and relatively easy to move. Except for the extra packed stuff behind the garage next to the alley where the privately contracted plows arrived when I was in the tennis center and piled snow on snow.  It's the dark month and it snowed in Minnesota.


"If you want to see God laugh, tell him about your plans."  -Woody Allen

1 comment:

Retired Professor said...

Nice neat path. Your tomato plants aren't looking too perky, though.

December is hard because you know that this is just the beginning of it all.