Tuesday, December 28, 2010

It's still December

It warmed to 34 degrees today and it felt balmy, not Florida balmy, but a nice respite from our recent December routine.  The days are getting longer.

It was nice enough that I spent quite a bit of time outside. The sun was shining much of the day and I watched some of my fellow citizens continue to shovel themselves out of the pile of snow that engulfs us. The photo is a morning shot of some trees at Linwood Park with a deep blue sky behind them.

1 comment:

Retired Professor said...

"Florida balmy" was a high of about 58 degrees, with most of the day spent creeping up to that number. Even the kids resolve to pretend it is warm is being tested. For their sake, I hope it feels more like Florida soon.

Winter is pretty to look at in your state, but that is way too much snow for this early. And patterns persist I've been told.