Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Abandoned Bikes

Sometimes when you're out walking in the cold, getting some exercise and hoping for a photo opportunity to spice up your blog, manna falls from heaven. This bike was caught in the snow emergency and the plows buried it. I came across this sad sight very near Grand Avenue next to Walgreens I think. I may go back and look. I suspect it'll be there until spring.



This continues my sometimes and occasional series of abandoned bikes I've come across in the Twin Cities. Remember this muddy bike from July, 2009?  Perhaps I've stumbled across a new and bloggable subject.

3 comments:

Gino said...

At least TWO.

Retired Professor said...

Great photo. And I see more than one bike there, also.

College campuses usually have a few abandoned bikes in their racks over the winter, at least that's been my experience.

Jimi said...

I should have paid closer attention to my subject(s). I'll check soon and see if there may be more than two.