Thursday, November 1, 2007

November Blues

We have come up to theme day again and I have been informed that the theme is "blue" (thanks, Santini). I live close enough to an international airport to be able to get a photo of an airliner against the blue sky. And as luck would have it there was enough blue sky to make a whole nation of Dutchmen a closet full of blue trou. Thus the first photo of the day, taken a block from my house where there is a pretty good view of the heavens.


This photo was a little more effort. It's one of those Mallards over at Lake Como. (There used to be a pretty good town team baseball team in Marble, Minnesota, known as the Marble Mallards). The water wasn't blue enough after perusing it on the laptap, now resting on my lap, so I added blueing with my vanilla flavored photo shopping software, iPhoto. It is not quite natural coloring, but all will admit that it is blue. Duck for scale.


Thirdly. I will attempt to blog every day this month in response to the challenge thrown down by the youngest, and I dare say, most attractive member of my curling team (not much competition for either classification). It may be a long month, but I think I'm up to the challenge, since there are several other bloggers doing the same - Santini, gzmoohoo, and the blogging Wireless. This is the first of the thirty days of November blogging.

There was some curling last night, but as Gino said of the other team, "they are better than us at every position."

I also have tennis to report on. It was Thursday night mixed doubles at Wooddale. I'm suffering a bit from a cold that came on just after I got my 2007 flu shot, and a sore big toe on my right foot. My excuses are readily available, but I was also enthused about playing - it was the hard core girls, to be sure. The scores were close 6-4, 7-5, but we were able to win again. Our opponents are going to the USTA nationals in two weeks in 7.0 mixed doubles, and they are undefeated this year in 7.0 level league play, so they aren't exactly minced meat.

Tennis was fun, but now I have to go lie down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice newsy post. Blue sky is no sure thing on November 1 in MN, but a very nice shot. A fair number of the monthly theme shots out there had enhanced the blueness of their photos, too. Go hard core girls. Sounds like good tennis.