Monday, November 12, 2007

Flowers and Ducks

It's the day that is observed as Veteran's Day by several branches of the government, and a lot of people had the day off. It was a nice day for November 12. The temperature reached up into the lower 50's, and for this time of year it was very pleasant. I found this grouping of flowers, still blooming and colorful, in Minneapolis near the Rose Garden, which is near Lake Harriet. It's gratifying to know that there are flowers that hang on looking this pretty until it snows and gets really, really cold. I sing their praise, in that way I have.


Wildlife. These ducks have not yet flown south for the winter. I guess they know what they're doing, but it could be risky. They may end up frozen into a lake somewhere in the northern tier of states. They were just hanging around in Lake Harriet on a pleasant day in November.


There was geezer men's tennis tonight at Wooddale. Not much to report except that I was mediocre, but still managed to win a set and lose one, too. The third set was 4-5 and on serve, when we were forced to vacate the court. I was not the only mediocre performer tonight. But it was exercise and it was very nice to be on the courts with the other geezers. There will be more action on Thursday night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty pictures. I also find myself admiring the flowers that are still blooming this long after freezing temps have become a regular thing. We have some ducks and geese that hang out here all winter -- at least I think so. They are here when I head south, and when I return. SS

Anonymous said...

awesome shots. It was veteran's day or was it called remembrance day yesterday, i was going to finished all my errands, except picking up fresh flowers, it turned out that my Poulsbo florist
had his own vacation too.