Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Tennis Ball Swatting and iChatting

It was a very nice day after yesterday's rain. I played a lot of tennis. I went early to warm up with Curt and had to sweep the courts before playing. This time it was leaves, but Curt had earlier rid the courts of puddles and wet foliage. It's starting to seem like going inside to play would be a better idea than all this sweeping. But it was a beautiful evening, very little wind and a clear sky. The lighting was good until about six o'clock and then it became distracting because the sun was so low in the sky and the shadows were very long. We played until the sun went completely over the horizon. 6-2, 4-6, 6-4. Curt was forced to tote the turkey trophy home today. I went home knackered.

This a photo of Herb doing Yoga. I don't know the manuver, but I know that I can't do it. Maybe he's a pretzel. He has several other poses that I also find impossible.


Below is a quoted email from Adam chronicling an iChat session that he had with his dad (me) yesterday. It may amuse a few readers:

-------
"So funny I nearly poo'ed myself.

(6:21:02 PM) dad: Adam, you there?
(6:21:10 PM) revdex@mac.com: Yep.
(6:21:42 PM) dad: Do you want Papa Murph's for din-din?
(6:21:50 PM) revdex@mac.com: Sure.
(6:22:03 PM) revdex@mac.com: Do you want me to get it?
(6:22:12 PM) dad: OUI!!!!!
(6:22:28 PM) revdex@mac.com: lol :-)
(6:22:44 PM) revdex@mac.com: I'll call now and come home.
(6:23:34 PM) dad: :-) :-)
(6:23:54 PM) dad: See you when you get here.
(6:24:09 PM) revdex@mac.com: See ya.
(6:24:17 PM) dad has signed off. ":
------

The place to laugh is at "OUI". Maybe you had to be there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think maybe you had to be there.

There are not many more evening hours left with daylight in them, leaves or no leaves.