Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A May Day Near Halloween

Man, it was 65 degrees today. I had the day off from tennis, and curling is still a day away, but, man, it was 65 degrees today. I took myself to Como Park for a picnic, and then walked around the lake. There were lots of people and a few wished me a good day. It was so nice a day that I took myself across Lexington to the area by the Japanese Garden and the Conservatory. Many of the show-off trees were displaying colorful foliage in various stages of disintegration. This one was near the reflecting pond and had some nice leaves, especially near the bottom. There was the St Paul version of the Acopolis in the frame. It was about 2 pm and the sky was blue. I snapped the shutter. Later it got windy and blew most of the leaves off my pretty backyard maple tree (and maybe the one by the Acropolis), but it was a very nice day in October.


There is still some hope that my biking mileage may increase, but I'm blown away by the mileage attained by my younger sibs. Good job, youngsters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

65 degrees at this time of year? In MN? Good day for a picnic at Como Park. Sushi? Nice addition to the fall photo collection we're accumulating here.