Thursday, October 4, 2007

Septober

It was such a beautiful day, so after I mowed the grass, I took one of my infrequent treks on the Trek that I got for free from a real biker several years ago. It was early afternoon and I knew I had to play mixed doubles tonight with the hardcore girls and Curt, so I thought I'd keep it to about ten miles. I went down Benhill to Victoria and across 7th to Shepherd Road and continued to Crosby Farm Park along the mighty Misssissippi. There were lots of people walking their respective dogs on the trail, but it was warm and pleasant, so I just ambled along. I found this large bed of Back-Eyed Susans and decided to try to get a photo with the Trek imbedded in them. This is about as good a shot as I got, but I tried. Then I rode home, up Benhill, and the odometer read 15 miles. I'm closing in on a mileage milestone.


The mixed doubles was competitive and a lot of fun. We played inside at Wooddale. We played three hard sets, lots of long points, and went home knackered - speaking strictly for me. I think I need a day off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is important to take rest days. In Septober, Mother Nature usually provides plenty of them. At least to bikers. It sounds like a very nice ride, except for the Benhill part. SS