Saturday, October 27, 2007

Into Every Life a Little Rain ...

I played some Saturday morning tennis today at Wooddale. The geezers' ages today totaled 262, the youngest was 62, but the tennis was pretty good. On the way out of the parking lot, I got a flat tire on the Matrix. It was my first flat tire in many years, but I was able to get the flat off and replace it with the skinny spare that they furnish now with cars. I'm just glad that it didn't happen on the freeway or on a cold winter day. I remember a flat that I had in the MGB i drove back in the seventies. I loved that MGB. The flat came on a twenty below day in January, somewhere in the northern suburbs. I was able to get the spare on that time, too, but it wasn't a pleasant occasion.

Not much other recreational activity to report. I was busy mourning the lost hours wrestling with the jack.

The picture is not very inspiring today either, but I have shown the backyard maple several times and now it is down to the "last leaves on the tree." The end of the series, no doubt, for the year.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Flat tires seem pretty rare -- a good thing. Your previous one sounds pretty horrendous. I remember the MGB. It certainly fit you at the time. Sad to see the little maple without any leaves. I'll have to photograph mine -- it is still pretty green looking. Soster Sylvi

Anonymous said...

262 is a big total for 4 people. Unless there were 5 of you? Woops.. no, that is still a pretty old average. SS

Anonymous said...

There were 4 players aged 62, 65, 67, 68. Average is 65.5. Geezer-ville. TT

Anonymous said...

I know, I did the math. 65.5 must be the new 45.5 or something similar. SS