Monday, July 2, 2007

Scooter Skates

It was a cool enough day early on to take a bike ride. By 6:30 pm it was raining, so it was good to ride early before tennis. I took a circuitous route to Como Park - up Western to Como and then to the lake. I wanted to see if I could get a picture of the Global Harmony Labyrinth on Lexington Avenue. It was dedicated to commemorate the St. Paul Nagasaki Sister City relationship. A labyrinth is not a maze - it only has a single path to the center. It's a kind of tool for meditation. I have walked the labyrinth and it takes a little while, but it is not possible to get lost. Here is a photo of most of the Como Labyrinth.


It was a 12 mile bike trek and broke no speed records or even much new ground.

I was able to get in two sets of tennis before the rains came. It was somewhat better tennis from the Tousan, and I was on the winning teams both sets. It's weird how the skill level fluctuates so much from day to day.

And to make this a more attractive blog entry I offer up a photo of a cute girl and her dog. It's an old black and white photo that must be 15 or so years old. That dog loved to play with that girl. That girl will be back from Japan in 22 days for a visit and some time on the beach with Wireless, Herb and the SLOs, and I'm buying her all the fresh blueberries that she can eat. The dog, alas, has departed this earth.


Serena rallies to win at Wimby and Scooter Skates. Paris Hilton got more slammer time than Scooter. Life is like that. It is good to have friends in very high places.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a really nice ride. And it is something else I haven't seen at Como. The old photo of KS and Tag is really sweet. Glad to hear that you had a good day at tennis. Between biking and tennis, you'll stay pretty fit -- at least until the snow flies.

I am a little knackered today from yesterday's ride. But it is always fun to kick it up a little bit, though I have learned (as always, the hard way) to do my kicking up in smallish increments. ~ SS

Anonymous said...

That dog was part of the family all right. Good ol' Taggy. Seeing him again reminds me of all the stuff we used to do like laying on the couch together and going for walks. I really think that Ku-chan in Miyazaki is his reincarnation, too.

Looking forward to the hugs and the free blueberries~_~
KS