Friday, July 20, 2007

Bee's Knees

After thinking about yesterday's tennis result, I realized that the match turned because I was tired, some would say knackered. I've been too diligent in my pursuit of exercise and athletics and the tank was empty. Maybe not enough food for the task. So, even though it was one of the most beautiful days in the history of days, I rested today. I drove the Matrix to Lake Harriet in Minneapolis to walk around the grounds with my camera. The Rose Garden is there. The Peace Garden is there. A lot of flowers and a lake with a 2.75 mile circumference is there, too. I was hoping to find wildlife and capture some images. This pollinator was just taking off as I snapped, but I got him. I think he's a bumble bee. And wildlife.


The walk along the lake was scenic. It was close to noon and a lot of people were out to walk and rollerblade or bike. I encountered another Science Museum dinosaur and took his picture with the band shell and the lake behind him. He's a little bony, but a good representative of his species. I think he may qualify as "yard art."


The young lady visitor from the East will be arriving on Tuesday by air. I have promised Thai food, blueberries and hugs. There will be jet lag and a heat wave to contend with, but it's stiil summer at home.

Herb rode his bike to work again today and added another 30 miles to his total for the year. He seems fully recovered from the accident and back to full vigor.

I have been caught up in the Tour de France excitement. I have to admit it kind of grows on you. I watched the stage this morning in real time and now I'm starting to get some better familiarity with the names and reputations - thanks to the boys at Versus.

Harry Potter mania gets into full swing tomorrow. No spoilers from me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice wildlife. I like the deep orange color of the flower.

Excellent dino -- it may be a bit too close to real art to be called yard art. Or maybe not.

It will be good to have her back on native soil. Tell Unky Herb 'good job' for all those bike miles. SS