Saturday, July 21, 2007

Harry Potter Mania

Saturday morning came bright and beautiful and the regular gang gathered for some tennis. We played two sets on the courts at Marie Park again, but there have been injuries and sore joints that needed some rest, so we bypassed a third set and scheduled a Monday return match. I switched rackets again, as reaction to my disheartening loss on Thursday, back to the Wilson k SixOne.

I haven't shown the locally grown tomato plants for a while, but here they are. The weight of the fruit has caused collapse of the main stalks and wind and rain have added to the droop. There are a lot of green tomatoes that should be ready to harvest about the first of August. Do I smell spaghetti sauce? I have picked 7 cherry tomatoes and two zukes from the "garden." They are all organic, too.


I liked the mailbox "yard art" proposed by Santini and take this opportunity to enter this fine, old classic mailbox into the contest. It shows a traditional sense of style mixed with utility and grace.


My mailman delivered a copy of "Harry Potter" to my door this morning. It was apparently ordered ahead of time by the Kagami Sensei, so that she would have something to guide her through the impending period of jet lag beginning on Tuesday. It was addressed to her with an admonition to the mail creature not to deliver before July 21, 2007. The whole population of teenagers and a bunch of older fans are at this moment trying to discover the fate of one fictional Harry Potter.

I had corn on the cob tonight purchased this p.m. from the hardware store farmer's pickup as recommended by Mr Moohoo. Very good stuff. The corn crop is ready.

2 comments:

Emily said...

That's a very nice mailbox, I agree. And Harry Potter does not disappoint, I hope that KS enjoys it as much as I did.

Ok, off to sleep now, as I am finally all done with the book.

Santini said...

It is a fine box for mail, and I believe it has been shown on a photo blog before. It may miss the cut off for yard art, though.

My sympathies to Wilson.

Those tomatoes are looking pretty good.