Saturday, July 14, 2007

Herb's New Skates

Happy Bastille Day.

I played tennis on a pleasant, but windy morning at Marie Park. The courts were wet from some overnight rain and we had to sweep the courts. I seem to be in a slump. Perhaps too much tennis and not enough biking. I lost two sets - close but no cigar. 5-7, 6-8.

The Bastille Day photo is Unky Herb wearing his Raggedy Adam disguise and looking happy. We've been having some fun using Kagami's Raggedy Ann hat and very red wig. I had to use iPhoto to take out the red-eye from this photo of a very brown-eyed guy. I love iPhoto.


Herb has new skates - well, actually roller blades. They are called Land Rollers and feature large wheels and reflecting material on the boots.


SS sent me some old B&W photos. One was of Paul Bunyun in 1952 with four kids standing at his feet. I used iPhoto to crop and enhance the part of the photo that has the kids in it. It's better this way, although you can't see much of Paul. He may be still standing in Bemidji looking much the same as he did in 1952. The kids have aged significantly, but are still doing pretty well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nikki is still vaguely disturbed by Unky Herb's new hair cut. She doesn't like change much, I think. I cropped the Bemidji photo, too, but not that much. Cute kids. TJ really likes the red wig. SS

Anonymous said...

Somehow we look a little older in that photo than 1952 would indicate. SS