Sunday, July 6, 2008

Herb and the Prairie Princess

I watched way more TV than usual today. I watched the entire Wimbledon singles final on NBC. Rafa Nadal edged Roger Federer 6-4, 6-4, 6-7, 6-7, 9-7 in the longest final in Wimby history. It was a great match, but it used up most of the day. It's been a good year for Spain. The soccer team won the Euro 2008 tournament a week or so ago, and now Rafa is the second Spaniard to win the singles title in the history of the tournament.

This is a photo from two days ago at the races. It's the last good photo of Herb and PP before PP went back to Glyndon to continue saving the planet and especially the part that has prairie on it. In the photo Herb is hawking Grey Poupon in a humorous way.


It was a warm and humid day and I took a day off from my own tennis wars. My exercise was limited to a walk to Linwood Park with PP to check out the prairie plant garden there, and to water some of the young trees that are dying of thirst. There may be some rain coming overnight or tomorrow, but the city is currently pretty dry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emily and I watched Wimby on and off all day, as well. Figures that I watch Wimby once a decade and it takes the whole day. Some pretty incredible shots, and the two are pretty equally talented. Em was rooting for Federer, I was mostly neutral.

Nice photo of the OLO's -- older loud ones? It sounds like you had a good holiday weekend. I like the idea of stealth watering. We have too much still standing from last week, and more is on its way.

SS