Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Beware the Ides of July

It was 92 degrees when I showed up at Sibley High School to play tennis. It was hot and humid, but at least the wind velocity was negligible. I had plenty of water - two water bottles, one icy cold and the other as reserve. We played three sets and the points were mostly pretty good - a lot of running and lobbing and angle volleys. The scores were 6-2, 6-3, 2-6. We were running out of gas at the end, but it was a satisfying night on the courts. I used most of the water. I've been re-hydrating ever since I got back home.

It was confirmed today that Jesse Ventura is not running for the seat as Minnesota's junior Senator. He could have spiced up the race quite a bit and maybe would have "shocked the world" but it turns out he has a thin skin when it comes to criticism from the news media and decided to continue living the good life. So it goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing that you can play tennis in 92 degree heat.