Sunday, June 29, 2008

Three Hundred

It is nearly July and the tiger lilies still look like this. There are no flowers on these plants. It was a late season and the tigers are still trying to catch up.

It was a rest day for the tennis part of tousan. I walked around the neighborhood for about an hour this morning, along Grand, up Victoria to Ashland, then to Oxford and home. It was a pleasant day in the 70's and there were a lot of people outside enjoying a very pretty day. There was a reasonably strong wind, but no problem for a pedestrian.

I kicked the soccer ball around with Herb after the Euro 2008 championship game on ABC. Watching the really skilled players seems to encourage me to see what skills I have in the game I have been watching. The same thing often happens after pro football games, an activity where I have a trifle more skills. The team from Spain beat Germany 1-0 in a very entertaining game to win the championship of Europe.

The Prairie Princess will be visiting again this weekend for Independence Day. It will give me an opportunity to learn some more about prairie vegetation, especially the kind that regularly shows up in city landscaping projects.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your 300th post. This blogging thing has lasted longer than I expected it to -- I think the addition of photo content is part of what keeps it interesting.