Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Ducks

It was another fine day in Minnesota. We had some wind, but I played tennis anyhow. After suffering my first bagel loss in many a month at the hands of two white hot geezers, I decided that I need to take a day off. Tomorrow will be the day. Probably.

Bill C., one of the guys who inflicted the bagel on me, had an interesting weekend. He performed in a 15 minute solo play as Mark Twain. He used the words of the famous author and was a pretty big hit, he said. It was easy because the words were written by Mr. Samuel Clemens himself. Bill has had a pretty good week, but I'll get him on the courts again next week. His relationship with Mr Clemens won't be of much use then.

WIldlife of the week. These would be mallards. Well, actually they are mallards.


Incidentally, there is a rumor that Jesse Ventura, our former governor is seriously considering a run for U.S. Senate, against Norm Coleman and Al Franken. In a recent poll he was favored by 24% of the Minnesota voters in such a race, but not too far behind the "satirist" Al Franken. There's never a dull month in the North Star State.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely, or should I say, ducky. Nice shot, anyway. Sorry about the bagel. Slumps happen.

Never a dull month in MN? Remember February?