Sunday, June 22, 2008

Summer Sunday

The Prairie Princess is on her way back to the Blue Stem Prairie after a long weekend in the city. It was good to see her and spend some time together, but the prairie job beckons. I took her photo with Herb in front of the house just before she left.



The flower of the week. I should know the name of this flower. It's growing just outside my back door so it's familiar. I'll see if google images helps any. I used the macro setting on my camera to get the dimensions to stand out a little bit.



It was also a lazy tennis day for me. It was a day off from the courts - the first since Tuesday of last week. I managed to sneak a nap this afternoon before I transplanted PP's cucumber plant to a much larger pot. It'll be fun to see what produce flows from the backyard garden.

Spain beat Italy in a shootout to advance to the semis of Euro 2008. I think that they are now the favorite to win.

Wimby starts tomorrow in England. Federer is seeded one among the men and Raphael Nadal is number 2 as he continues to be a threat to take over the top slot in men's tennis. He has yet to hold that position, but has been number two for a very long time. It should be fun.

2 comments:

Gino said...

Can you say "Germany"?

Anonymous said...

Tell Herb that I really like his shirt. Good choice of plant of the week. It may be a daisy of some sort -- they come in lots of colors. Pretty. Good luck with the cukes.