Wednesday, July 20, 2011

24 Rue Chanoinesse

Gino and I have arrived at the apartment that Glen rented us. We waited a few minutes for our greeter to arrive and I took a picture of the entry to the place. We are on the second floor, about a block from Notre Dame and we have a fine view of the wall of the building next door. But a great location in an old building in one of the oldest parts of the city. Since we are a bit short of sleep, I'm not planning to write very much today. I'm happy to be inside of a building in a city where the high temperature today was about 69 degrees. We walked a bit about the city finding the mini-mart, a couple of places to eat and the river Seine.


This is a photo of three of the saints depicted by statues on the outer walls of Notre Dame Cathedral. Featured is St. Denis, the one without his head, who was sainted for his actions in battle. The story is that his head was lopped off, but he picked it up and headed off to continue the fight. I think that it was probably just a bad wound. "But why spoil a good story just for the sake of the truth."

2 comments:

Retired Professor said...

Yay. Glad to hear you arrived and are safely housed in one of Glen's places. So close to the Cathedral! But what I really envy is the 68 degrees.

Santini said...

Your front door looks very French. I hope you are feeling a bit more rested by now.