Saturday, May 1, 2010

Theme for Theme Day is Statues

One of the most famous of Minneapolis statues, Mary Tyler Moore, is flanked and imitated by real folk. You know who you are. It was taken in 2007, about two and a half years ago. Time scrams.



Tennis has worn me down. Another three set match this morning, at about the time I should have been eating breakfast. I think I need more protein, or maybe doughnuts. We lost the third 6-4.

I went to look at a house in Minneapolis that UH has his eye on. The federal tax credit has expired, so the number of active buyers of houses has diminished over night. The price of this house, one that he seems to really like, may come down. It was built in 1959 and seems well maintained. It looked nice to me, too.

The princess is off at the farmer's market. She's considering whether to go the Norwegian University where she has been accepted to a green graduate program, or try to put it off a year. There are many issues to weigh, but it also means many options are open. She'll let us know when she figures it out.

Hurray, hurray, the first of may.
Outside "you name it" starts today.

4 comments:

gfr said...

I do remember that day and that spot. Good one.

BDE said...

I love that picture! Thanks.

Emily M said...

Lovely photo. That was a fun day.

Where in Minneapolis is UH looking to buy? Maybe we'll be neighbors!

Tennis Tousan said...

Emily: The location of his intended purchase is still up in the air. His first attempt to buy did not go through successfully, so there are still a lot of options. TT