Sunday, May 9, 2010

Snelling Lake Vista

It was a cool May day. There was frost on my lawn this morning so I'm sure it was cool. The first photo was taken in Fort Snelling State Park in a small swampy area. I liked the lighting and the reflections of the trees in the water. I took it on a late afternoon walk around the three mile Snelling Lake. This was shortly after encountering a pair of deer (not shown) and a flock of wild turkeys (also not shown). For an urban park there are a lot of wild animals in residence.



We played our Sunday afternoon tennis match inside today. It was below 60 degrees and we had the courts so we played two sets. I was on my game today - a short visit to the zone is always appreciated. One never knows when I'll be allowed back in. It was my fifth day of six to be on a tennis court somewhere in the Twin Cities. I expect to sleep well again tonight.

I also took another photo of my back yard lilac. The period of blooming for lilacs is pretty short so I'm enjoying the flowers and aroma while I can.

4 comments:

Santini said...

It's been pretty cool here lately, as well. Cool by May standards is just about tolerable, though. At least you can get out and walk around a liquid lake. Nice photos.

The word verification is horybare. ????

santini said...

You should try that first photo in black and white. It's a little Ansel Adam-ish.

ss said...

That would be Ansel Adams-ish.

Jimi said...

horybare??????

I'll try black and white. Interesting suggestion. TT