Thursday, May 13, 2010

Some Singles at the Fort

It rained really hard today while I was inside smacking tennis balls at Rich, my long time tennis nemesis. The sound was distracting as the rain hit the top of the bubble and it briefly drowned out the sound of ball meeting racket. We were glad to be inside.

Rich and I have probably played a thousand sets of tennis against each other. For the last few years before he retired to Tucson we passed a traveling trophy between us depending on who was the last winner. We called it the "Endless Season" trophy. It's a nice, clear plastic trophy that's inscribed. I don't remember what it says, because Rich has it in Tucson. I'm going to try to get a photo of it so I can remember what it looks like.

These are pictures of the combatants taken today at the Fred Wells Tennis Center. I'm first, pretending to hit a forehand.



And then Rich, pretending to hit a forehand.



We had a good match, lots of good points and a few let cords, but if you want to know who won today, you'll have to read his blog entry for today.

It was my first singles in many a moon, and I'm happy to say that I was up to the task. Maybe I'll enter some age group tournaments this summer. And maybe not. There will be sunshine and more doubles tomorrow.

1 comment:

santini said...

Fun post.