Monday, May 10, 2010

A little software manipulation can remove color

This is yesterday's photo if Ansel Adams (1902-1984), the great nature photographer, had taken it. All of his photos that I've seen were in black and white although he did live into the era when color film was available. These days it is simple to change a color photo to black and white, but the opposite direction is problematic. I think I like this picture better in color. Sorry, Ansel.



It was cool, but not rainy until late in the day. I spent some time in Crosby Farm again. There were several trees down. I guess there must have been a pretty strong wing the last few days, but I missed it. I was probably inside smacking backhands to the other gentlemen tennis players when it happened.

1 comment:

Retired Professor said...

I agree -- the soft greens and light tans make a better contrast than the black and white. It's still an interesting shot in black and white, though. Trees down? Usually that requires a pretty big wind.