Thursday, May 20, 2010

Bon jour, mon ami

The day has been quite a long one and I'm about to give up and get some sleep. Jet lag is just a state of mind, but I've been awake since 7 am yesterday. The trip to this large Frenchy city was pretty smooth, the apartment just two blocks from the Seine River is very comfortable, with the possible exception of the low ceiling in the loft. My co-travelers appear on the patio overlooking Rue St. Honore just after our arrival.



We have walked quite a bit to stave off the effects of jet lag, been to the grocery store and a couple of bakeries. Nothing says France like a good chocolate eclair.

3 comments:

Retired Professor said...

I am glad to hear that the trip went smoothly. I got your email via your IPod this morning, too. Technology is cool. Get some rest.

Anonymous said...

I am soooo jealous! I need to join in on one of these family trips. You go to all the cool places. Wonderful pictures!

OSLO

Daughter of Norway said...

Mmm chocolate eclair..ecalir was the answer to a crossword puzzle clue: cream-filled treat. Need your help for the rest, though.

Talk to you soon!