Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Lilacs are Popping Out

It's still April, but the lilacs are blooming. I don't keep track of these things, but it seems pretty early. They smell very much like spring.



I went to get my hair cut today in the shop I've been going to for about 20 years. There was a sign on the door that said they were celebrating 40 years in business. They have changed locations from the first shop, but a couple of the barbers seem to have been there since the beginning. There was no cake. There was really nothing of a celebratory nature, except the sign. The veteran barber who cut my hair groused about it a bit. The owner took the day off and left the other guys to cut hair. He didn't buy them a cake. My hair cut was the regular price and I left wishing the guys on duty my congratulations.

There was tennis at Wooddale. It's the next to last time we play on Thursday nights this season. There were a few people playing, but the parking lot was nearly empty. It's time to play outside every chance we get. The competition was fierce tonight and we split sets - 7-6, 3-6.

2 comments:

Santini said...

No cake?
That's just wrong.

Retired Professor said...

I love lilacs. There were lilacs at the Coleraine house, and also on the old Hansen homestead. You have some great lilac bushes, as well. Or at least your next door neighbor does.