Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Fanciest Bench Ever

It was a nice day and tennis had been canceled by the Fort Snelling Tennis Club management because it's Easter. The geezers could have played outside, but instead took the day off. In the absence of a real plan for exercise, after lunch, I took a bike ride. It's real early for me to be biking much and a long ride was out of the question. So I took the short ride to the state capitol and environs. Because I've been on the lookout for benches lately, I was pretty impressed when I came across the bench below in the sculpture park just east of the downtown Sears store. It's the nicest one that I've come across to date.



After looking over the area around the capitol, I continued my ride to an area that I haven't visited on a bike or on foot in a number of years. In a little park by Bethesda Hospital I saw this fancy statue of Linus that was created for the summer sculpture program a few years back that filled St Paul with statues of Peanuts characters. This is one of the more colorful ones that I've seen. Trek for scale.


So my ride was about 10 miles and is the longest of the year. It's pretty puny by some standards, but I'm happy to have been out and to have returned without serious incidents. It was one of the nicest weather days for Easter that I remember.

Nothing says Easter like sauerkraut and brats. So that's what I fixed for lunch. It was pretty tasty, too. I suppose I should put the recipe on the family recipe blog, but not today.

2 comments:

Santini said...

I agree -- that is the fanciest bench ever. Impressive. Nice find.

Food Police said...

We had steak and potatoes for "Easter dinner." We don't eat that way very often, but it was tasty. (And broccoli and carrots.) I'll probably fix chow mein for supper tonight to balance it out.