Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Let Sleeping Ducks Sleep

Again. This April has had a lot of very pretty days. Another one came around again today. I mowed the lawn for the first time in 2010. It was time and the dandelions were in need of a beheading, cumulatively. Then because it was such a nice day, I took my act to Como Park. Walking around the big lake again, I encountered this mallard snoozing. He didn't wake as I approached him and even after two photos he was still zonked out. I guess I didn't worry him much.



The flowering crab apple trees are flowering mightily in the park. I got up close to an exceptionally pretty one and took a closeup of the blossoms. These cuties are going to produce little tiny apples by the fall. But for now they're just hanging around looking pretty. There were a lot of walkers circling the lake today, a sure sign that spring has arrived here in the north.



When I got home from the hike, PP was sprawled in the back yard weeding her native plant garden, talking on her cell phone and with the land line wireless phone lying in the grass near her. This multitasking craze seems to have maxed out. April madness. It was, however, a beautiful day in the land of 10,000 lakes.



There is likely to be tennis tomorrow evening. It'll be indoors, because it's night time tennis and because it could rain.

3 comments:

Retired Professor said...

Nice duck photo. You seem to have much more luck with them than I do --

I love the ornamental crab apple trees. Ours are white and just starting to bloom.

Kelsey and the phones .... LOL.

Tennis Tousan said...

That duck was not about to move, even when I got pretty close. There were wood ducks around, too, but I didn't get very close to them. A telephoto lens would help, too.

We have some white flowering crabs, too, but I like the flaming red ones better. TT

gfr said...

Wood ducks have an elegant profile, but I've never seen one close enough to photograph with my point and shoot.