Wednesday, April 14, 2010

It rained and the Twins lost at home for the first time

Today's photo is the Minnesota Korean War Memorial on the Capitol grounds in St Paul. It commemorates a war that ended when I was still a youth, living in the great white northern part of the state. It's the war that gets little attention these days - just too many other more recent ones to concentrate on, I guess. It's a nice sculpture and moving when one sees it, but so far hasn't stopped the human need to engage in warfare about every generation.



It was a rainy day today. There was no tennis scheduled, and I tried to get in a nature walk at Hidden Falls. I just arrived and started to walk along the river, watching the few fishermen on the riverbank, when the rains came. I got a little wet getting back to the car, but I did not melt. I guess I needed a rest day and I managed to get one.

The princess is done with her jury duty stint. She was selected for a jury and served. She did her duty as citizen. The two day criminal trial ended in acquittal. It was a pretty good story when she came home and told it to me. It was a drug possession charge in which the state failed to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt. You may hear more about the trial, if she decides to blog about it. It's not my story.

The Twins lost to Boston 6-3 in a home game - the second of the new season in their new ball park - that pretty much ignored the rain.

1 comment:

gfr said...

That is a nice sculpture. I don't believe it has ever been featured on the blogs before. Think about taking your camera with you when you go for coffee on Saturday. A photo of two 'old' tennis buddies would be interesting -- to me, at least.