Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Bowl 44

A busy day. I played some tennis at Fort Snelling and then came home to find Unky Herb doing his P90X exercise program, using the DVD that comes with the program, and generally tying himself in knots. He was done in time for the kickoff of the big event of the day, Super Bowl XLIV. (Why are they using Roman numerals?) He's been doing this exercise program for a couple of months and he seems almost addicted to it. I guess it gives him pleasure, and he's in super condition.



Since PP was giving skating lessons in Minneapolis, and then planned to spend the span of the game with Wireless, I was able to make my own snacks for the expected exciting event. I whipped up some family recipe guacamole and a cream not-key lime pie (not key lime because the limes came from non-key sources) from Santini's recipe. With those two treats and some herring in wine sauce (no liver sausage sandwiches), I noshed while I watched a pretty good football game. It was nice to see the Saints win, but it was an upset of the odds makers' projections. I was happy to see that the whistle blowers didn't decide the game.


It was great to see Drew Brees holding his son and getting emotional about the big moment. The great thing about sports is that it's pretty much unpredictable, and this was fun to watch.

The weather creatures are predicting another significant snow event here in the next two days. It won't be nearly as big a deal as the two feet of snow that fell in Washington D.C., but it will add to the miserable conditions of the side streets in the Saintly City. I suspect I'll have another significant opportunity to shovel snow.

3 comments:

gfr said...

We had white chili (modified from the food blog recipe with tomatoes and corn and chili powder) along with the family recipe guacamole and fritos corn chips. I hope the key-less lime pie was satisfactory.

It sounds like a pretty good day. Adam looks happy in the midst of his contortions.

More snow? Maybe time to think about taking a break from winter soon.

Retired Professor said...

Which version of the recipe for key lime pie did you use? With or without the egg yolks? Herring? What are you, Norwegian?

Tennis Tousan said...

RP: I used the simplest, i.e. two ingredient, recipe. No yolks. PP said that it was very tasty.

I am one quarter Norwegian, which is exactly the right amount. Herring is good and good for you. TT