Tuesday, February 16, 2010

D-Day Plus One

My "life numbers" spread sheet reminds me that I am 24,597 days old as of today. It was a nerve racking weekend waiting for the day to come and pass, and I now feel a little more calm and just a little bit older than last week. And I'm feeling swell. And well enough for two pretty sweet sets of tennis 6-3, 7-6 at Fort Snelling. I played like an old man some of the time, but moments of youthful energy came back a couple of times and it all ended well. I'm going to have to solve the problem of playing during my usual lunch hour, and thus missing the necessary nutrition to keep my energy level high. Today I had a good breakfast (oaty meal) and a small snack (half a banana and some herring) before the action, plus a Cliff bar during play, and it was not enough.

Earlier Gino posted a curling song in honor of the Olympics. It got me to thinking about the Miller rink and our years of curling at the St Paul Curling Club. This photo was taken there in '07. We had some fun games then and some that included our rink battling another rink in an extra end. We even had a seven end one time, I think. A rare thing of beauty, that can only be surpassed by an eight end.



An eight end is rare, and finding a video of one is really nice. For you curling fans, this is really fun to watch.

And hey, the temperature rose above 32 degrees today for a few hours - the first time in a very long time.

4 comments:

Retired Professor said...

I don't get it. Irony?

Food is fuel, but it sounds like the timing is difficult. Maybe a little gator meat before you play?

Retired Professor said...

Is that how old Dad was when he died? You think too much.

Tennis Tousan said...

RP: OK. Good sleuthing, and it is not possible to think too much. It may be possible to worry too much, however.

How about that eight ender? TT

Gino said...

I love the 8 ender video. Really, really good stuff.