Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Sun Also Rises

The sun rises across the lake in a quite attractive way in this part of southwest Florida. I awoke this morning after a late night landing in Fort Myers to find outdoor water in the liquid state. After that a good day was sure to follow.



This is Santini standing in harm's way, very near a dangerous alligator sign at the nearby Kiwanis Park. Luckily the gators kept their distance. I understand that they can move pretty fast, but as I told Santini, I was not worried. I didn't have to outrun the gator, I only had to outrun her.



I had to even the score from earlier in the day. We were talking about food, in relation to the French language. We agreed that the word for ham in French is "le jambon." We then switched and talked about squid. The word for squid is "le calmar." I suggested, in reference to squid, that it was my policy not to eat any creature which might be smarter than I am. Santini remarked that then I probably wouldn't be eating any jambon. It was the best laugh of the day.