Friday, December 18, 2009

A Pizza Guy Delivers

I felt like I accomplished some things today, but on closer inspection, I mostly played tennis and surfed the internet - trying to fulfill my Christmas shopping responsibilities.

It had been twelve days since my last competition at Fort Snelling with the GTA. But they were there waiting for me when I arrived for our one p.m. court time. It was nice to see them and to get a chance to compete again. It was good tennis, hard long points and some aged agility displayed. We finished a set and ran out of time at 5-5 in the second in our 90 minutes of play.

Unky Herb brought home a Papa Murphy's vegetarian pizza with white sauce and shared it with the Prairie Princess and me. It was a tasty end to the day, just a week before Christmas day and three days from the winter solstice.



I learned today from Dr Bill that the famous quote, "Growing old is not for sissies" (GOINFS) is most often attributed to Bette Davis, she of the Bette Davis eyes. I had been of the opinion that Mr Moohoo was the source. Several sites on the internet seem to agree with Dr Bill. The quote, no matter its source, still makes sense.

Ou est Roland-Garros?

6 comments:

Tucson Happenings said...

How about some of Rich's famous five bean salad with that pizza. Now that would be a feast!

Rich

santini said...

That pizza looks pretty good.

Gino said...

The answer to the final question is that you emerge from the Metro, put the soccer stadium in front of you and Roland Garros is a short walk off to your right.

Retired Professor said...

I thought that "getting old is not for sissies" was a Paul Newmanism. So I was wrong, too, apparently.

A more pressing question might be, ou est les toilets?

Retired Professor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jimi said...

Five bean salad seems to be a bit of an overkill with this particular pizza - it boasts black olives, artichoke hearts, mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, and onions. With white sauce. But that bean salad sure is good. Are you using my recipe?

Jouez-vous au tennis? TT