Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

It's Christmas in River City. The big storm wimped out a bit here. It was mainly caused by a warm up to about 35 degrees, which turned the heavy snow into rain. So we had a sloppy day with big puddles forming in the roads, but the need for shoveling went by the boards. The city plowed the streets and, of course, blocked off the end of the alley, making the trip to Gino's for brunch iffy. But with my trusty aluminum grain shovel, and the aid of several neighbors we cleared the blockage. My good deed for the day.

We opened our presents at home this morning. I got my requested socks and tennis balls, and PP and UK got a few things that they wanted, too. Then we drove to Gino's for food and a round of gift giving. The photo below, taken by me, shows the other members of the party. Gino, BB, and Wireless put on a nice feast of quiche and bacon, plus lefse, julakaka, and a nice variety of cookies.



We had a fine time and now we're going to try out a new Mario Brothers video game for the Wii. It's a multi-player game, so the youngsters may have to be patient while these geezer reflexes gets used to the rules of the game.

Merry Christmas to all.

4 comments:

Santini said...

Jule Kaka? I haven't heard that for a while. I'll bet there were some Spritz cookies there.

I like that photo -- I remember when absolutely everyone in the photo was a lot younger. Everyone still looks pretty good, thankfully.

Retired Professor said...

Did you really mean your 'goof deed' for the day? I missed that the first time through.

Santini said...

Spell checkers only sort of work, don't they?

Tucson Happenings said...

Hi there!

Chad gave a Wii Fitness game to the grandkids and I had a chance to try downhill ski racing and golf chipping.......it was clear that I didn't do well...but it was great fun!

Rich