Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Progress

Yesterday I noticed actual work being done on resurfacing the tennis courts just down the street on St Clair. They have been lying fallow for about a month, so I went by to see what they were doing. The courts were laid out, lines and contrasting hues of green paint applied to the new surface. I came back today to get a photo of where they are. The courts look good, but the nets are not yet installed. The workmen left the place sealed up pretty well so that no one can go on the courts without doing some climbing. Some of the fencing also remains to be completed. I'm wondering how long it will lie fallow this time. But there has been progress.



More progress. The tomatoes in MBY have a red cherry tomato growing on one of the vines. I'll eat it sometime this week unless the rabbits or the squirrels get there first. PP was home tonight and she provides the scale for the tomato photo and it's larger size.


This is plant is growing in PP's native plant garden - the area where at one time my vegetables grew. This is a bottle brush grass seed head. The light from the fading sun hit it nicely as I was getting the photo.


I played some tennis at Marie Park again tonight. There were six of the GTA in attendance in really pleasant temperatures - the high seventies. There was some wind and I found myself mishitting quite a few shots. Lack of focus probably. It was good exercise and made for a good appetite for dinner when PP showed.

1 comment:

Santini said...

The courts may be ready for fall, at this rate. Seems more like the workmen are on Florida time than Minnesota time.

A ripe tomato is a victory given the urban rabbit population. I suppose I should admire their adaptability.