Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Not Rainy Season

We are living through a drought in the Twin Cities. It was supposed to rain yesterday, but we managed only about .1 inches of moisture. I wouldn't complain, but I'm forced to water my "garden" nearly every day. I have harvested three tiny, but very sweet cherry tomatoes as of today from the "garden." Also several leaves of lettuce, some basil, and some rhubarb.

I took this photo of River City today from very near the High Bridge. It was a coolish day in the 70's and pretty windy, but the beautiful blue sky was in evidence.


And these yellow beauties were in the volunteer garden at the overlook by the bridge and I took their picture, too. My blog needs photos and this is one I liked.


And this is the tennis court that St Paul can't finish. This is from a different angle than usual, but as you can see, there are no nets on this court. They started the job on the Linwood Courts in May. Maybe they'll have it ready for Halloween.


So I played tennis at Marie Park again. The nets there are functional and the lines, although fading, are in place and doing their job. The GTA members were there for the competition on one of the windier days that we've had for tennis. There was much mis-hitting and the gnashing of teeth. We finished two sets in an hour and a half and went home to think about something else. 4-6, 6-2. There will be more smacking of tennis balls again in the morning.

At the Supreme Court confirmation hearing today, Al Franken asked the soon to be first Latina justice if she knew which of the multitude of cases on the Perry Mason TV show was a loss for Perry. It seems that Sonia and Al were both fans of the show. Perry only lost the one case in his TV career - episode 185, it turns out.
The Episode is one that I hadn't remembered, but neither did Sonia or Al. Perry actually lost the decision early in the show and rallied to win on appeal. The information was acquired thanks to my favorite search engine - google. Useless information perhaps, but sort of fun to ferret out.

1 comment:

din soster. said...

I really wish I could give you some of our rain.

Nice cityscape.

The yellow flowers look very, very familiar.

Playing tennis without a net -- isn't that a euphemism for something?