Monday, July 6, 2009

Beautiful Monday

It was a very nice day, especially since July can be such a hot pot. The GTA, six strong played about two hours of tennis at Marie Park. We finished in 86 degrees. Warm, hot even, but not life threatening for people who are conditioned for it.

Along the Mississippi, which I must cross to get to Marie Park, there are often show boats traveling up and down stream. I caught the Anson Northrup as it passed under the High Bridge - sometimes known as the Smith Avenue Bridge. You can perhaps tell from the photo why High Bridge seems to fit.


Herb is back from his weekend jaunt and was back at work today. He and I went to a band concert about two blocks from his office in Edina and happened to run across a familiar face in the flute section. I took a photo before the show. Where's Waldo? Or, Where's Wireless? My favorite tune may have been "That Old Black Magic." At least it's the one that I remember. The flautist's mother, BB, showed up as the concert began so we sat on the side hill in the shade and enjoyed a beautiful summer evening in the park. Most of the music was pleasant to hear.


Just reiterate the Wimbledon men's finals result. I watched this baby for over four hours on Sunday. I should perhaps get a life. Roger Federer won the longest final in the history of the event - over 100 years. Poor Andy Roddick was the victim again. 5-7, 7-6, 7-6, 6-3, 16-14. Pretty good tennis.

3 comments:

Retired Professor said...

Wasn't last year's final the longest ever up until then? Emily and I watched it --- probably the only time I've ever watched the final from beginning to end, and it seemed like it was never going to end there for a while.

Nice summer days are rare, indeed. Glad you're enjoying them.

Anonymous said...

It was a beautiful summer evening. I was happily surprised to see TT and Herb at the park. My favorite tune was Someone to Watch over me and my favorite band member was, of course, Wireless.
BB

Emily M said...

Thanks so much for coming to the concert - it was a nice surprise! You and your fellow spectators raised $183 for our band, so double thanks!