Saturday, July 25, 2009

Happy LXV

Yesterday I rode my bike to Como Park and then to Hamline to get some photos for this blog and maybe to get some exercise. I stopped by the public garden that PP has been working on, off and on, with some of her Hamline cohorts. I even helped transplant some squash into the garden a few weeks ago at the behest of the same PP. It's nice to see what a garden will do with lots of sun, water, and good soil. I may be able to get some of the fruits - squash, I hope - of this garden in the fall. With PP's influence, there is a good chance.



I complained about the new tennis court's nets in a previous post. Here is photographic evidence of the net fiasco. I stopped by this evening to see if anything had changed. Nope. When I left there were two people with badminton rackets playing badminton on these courts. Will the oddness ever end?



I played some tennis this morning while the last meaningful stage of TdF was in session. I had a mediocre day, playing below par in the wind, and still feeling the effects of two straight days of bike riding. I am now well over 100 miles. We struggled through two sets, 3-6, 6-2. When I got home the stage in the mountains was over and I was only able to catch the highlights of the stage before the day's podium presentations. The race appears over - nothing left to decide. Contador - Schleck - Armstrong on the podium tomorrow in Paris.

Happy birthday to Santini - LXV from LXVI.

1 comment:

Retired Professor said...

Mange takk. I speak a little Norwegian as well as a little Roman. ;-)

Sun, soil and water. Good gardening tip. Nice looking garden.