Thursday, May 14, 2009

Out and About

It was a little chilly this morning when I visited Linwood. The city has been renovating the tennis court that is closest to me. The court has had an awful surface for several years, but this year, they scraped the money together to make it better. I'm guessing that some of the money is from the federal stimulus package. This particular project has been shovel-ready for years. When I went by at about ten a.m. there were no laborors to be seen and the heavy equipment was parked as you see it. When they finish the job, I plan to be one of the first citizens to test out their handiwork. It's within walking distance.



Around noon, after stopping to buy some sushi to-go at Kowalski's, I went over to Como Park to enjoy the lake. The fruit trees are budded out in glorious reds, pinks and whites. You can see a couple of clusters across the lake in my photo. I savored my sushi and walked the path around the lake. It was cold on the downwind side of the lake, but there were people out and about who were not at all dressed for the cold. It looked much warmer than it actually was. There were even a couple of young ladies sunbathing on a blanket very close to the path.



Later in the afternoon I took a bike ride. It's my third of the month, and again it was windier than I like it when I bike. I went down by the state capitol and coasted around among the monuments to the various wars that we've indulged over the 150 years of statehood. The Minnesota flag was blowing in the wind. It pretty well indicates the force of the breeze, but it also shows that the sun was shining brightly. The Minnesota flag is a nice blue color, don't you think?

1 comment:

santini said...

Good news on the tennis court. Finally, a worthwhile project.

The lake puts on a very pretty spring face, with the flowering trees and blue sky.

Nice flag photo.