Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Bike Ride to the Capitol

The nicest day so far this year. I took another bike ride this morning, a short one to be sure, but a bike ride. I wanted to save some energy for Thursday night tennis, so I took the Trek to the Minnesota Capitol grounds and back. I took a picture of the bike in front of the state's Viet Nam War Memorial. It's always sobering to stop there and see the names on the wall, a few that I once knew. It was a beautiful morning, so I rode on, over to the Capitol building where the Legislature is in session, dealing with a large budget deficit and a recalcitrant governor. There were some people setting up loud speakers and doing a sound check as I stopped to check on the activity.



The warm day kept me busy. I mowed the lawn, bought some groceries and waited for the tennis match at Wooddale. It was the last Thursday night inside for the spring season. The hardcore girls had a USTA match tonight so we played instead with all men. We played three sets, all reasonably good tennis, and called it a night. I was tired and hungry. I stopped at Yang's for lomein, and now I'm just tired.

1 comment:

santini said...

Sobering, indeed.

Your weather was definitely better than ours -- a cold mist all day long here.

Keep Trekking.