Friday, May 22, 2009

A Familiar Face

It was a nice day in May. The temperature topped out in the mid-70's. It was take a 53 year-old to lunch day. I found this guy over by Metropolitan State University, a place founded by an old, sometime teacher of mine, G. Theodore Mitau. It's also a place known reasonably well by Mr. Moohoo. I've known the guy in the photo all his life. The statue of Snoopy is a trade mark of St Paul, and there are dozens scattered throughout the city. This one is just outside the Metro State office where Andy works. We went for a sandwich and a walk through Bruce Vento Nature Sanctuary, not far from where he works. I was able to point out some of the prairie restoration and plantings done there by PP at her job with Americorps. Burr oaks and hackberry trees. The sanctuary is greening up nicely and seems to be becoming a more popular place to walk in nature.



I managed to avoid much physical exercise today, other than the nature trek and a little lawn mowing. The lawn is dry and we need some rain, but the warm weather the last few days seems to doing my two tomato plants a world of good. I like to mow almost as much as BB, but my lawnmowing didn't cost nearly as much as her last outing. Mine was just $40. It's a different story line however.

1 comment:

santini said...

Some people would consider a walk and a cutting of the grass to be their daily exercise.

Nice of you to take Andy to lunch for a late birthday meal. 53? How did that happen? He's just a kid...

I see Snoopy has an accounting text balanced on his head. The only 500 level course I ever taught was an MBA class I taught once at GVSU. It used the only skinny, easy accounting text I've ever seen.