Thursday, April 23, 2009

Saints vs Wolves

It was outright hot today. The first 80 degree day was accompanied by a strong wind, which, I guess, is blowing the warm air out of here tomorrow. Herb and I went to Linwood to see if the prairie grass restoration area on the side hill had been burned. There is a flag at the playground and it was showing the effect of the wind. I am happy that my tennis playing today was confined to indoors at Wooddale. The grass had been burned, or at least partially and the area burned was noticeably greener than the other spaces.



Kids baseball has begun at Linwood. These guys are maybe 10 years old, but they have some quite colorful uniforms. The Saints are in yellow, the guys in blue are the Wolves. [I now notice that none of the Wolves are pictured. They're all off in right field. Sorry.] They were warming up before their game and seemed to be enjoying the warm day, and to a lesser extent, the wind. I didn't stay for the action, but I've seen kids' baseball before, and know that it is mainly of interest to the players families. As it should be.



I played mixed doubles at Wooddale in the evening. I don't have photos, but it was fun, competitive tennis, we played two complete sets, and no one got hurt. It's hard to ask for much more than that on the first day of 80 degree weather for the year.

2 comments:

din soster said...

Flags show wind better than any other photo device, don't they? Lots of baseball photos on blogs this year. I wonder how the Rays are doing? Indoor tennis is probably a good idea on a day when flags stand out straight from the staff.

Emily said...

I'm glad the burning efforts by the BR and her cohorts are doing what they are supposed to.

Santini - I am going to a Twins baseball game (yay for free tickets from work) next week and they'll be playing the Rays. I'll let you know. :-)