Thursday, April 9, 2009

Mississippi

It was the first day in a long time when the temperature rose to the historical average temperature for the date. It was a nice sunny day. I decided to trek over to the Mississippi River. A student from St Thomas, an Eagle Scout from Eveleth, went missing a couple of days ago and his last known location was by river. He had been drinking and apparently just disappeared. I talked to a St Paul cop about the search and did some free lance searching of my own. The authorities brought in helicopters and boats on the river, but so far, to no avail. They're still looking tonight. I took a picture of the big river near the terminus of Summit Avenue from the top of the bluff. It's a pretty, but dangerous river.



I played tennis again tonight at Wooddale - mixed doubles with the hard core girls. Jerry is out with injury, but with Pat G. playing, the competition was indeed hard core. We managed three sets of tennis, and no one got hurt.

Tomorrow is the 26th birthday of the Prairie Princess. How is that possible? Just yesterday, in a figurative sense, she was playing with her My Little Pony toy horses. Now she wields a chain saw for the Minnesota Conservation Corps.

2 comments:

Santini said...

You had an interesting day. It is wise to be careful with big water -- but it is beautiful.

Happy Birthday to the Prairie Princess!

Anonymous said...

I meant to comment on your last post: the picture of the yellow daffodils is gorgeous and is now my desktop background.
BB