Sunday, April 12, 2009

Crocus Pocus

It's getting more springlike, and, I might add, it's about time. The crocus bed just outside my back door has come to life. These little lavender cuties just poked their heads above the dirt in the last few days. The arrival of the crocuses is a harbinger of the season to come.

It was Easter today. The Prairie Princess is here to spend the day and to play some Super Mario on the Wii. And we went out for Thai food - not a Christian delicacy, but pretty tasty.

This morning Herb and I went out and hit some tennis balls. I was reminded that guys in their twenties are much quicker than guys in their 60's. We played for a little over an hour in temperatures ranging from 49 to 56 - normally below my requisite tennis temperature, but good enough in April in Minnesota.

PP laughed out loud when I referred to one of Herb's friends as "top drawer", a term I have used in the past to describe a classy individual. It's a term that has apparently been dropped from the acceptable language lexicon. Too bad, because it has a certain old-fashioned charm.

1 comment:

Santini said...

A clever title to your post. And nice use of 'harbinger.' LOL at 'top drawer?' She's just 'pulling your chain.'