Monday, April 13, 2009

April is the cruelest month

I've procrastinated enough. Today, a cloudy day in Minnesota, just a day from the deadline, I finished the dreaded 1040 two-step. There are actually many more than two steps, and I volunteered to do taxes for PP, who, most readers know, spent part of last year in Japan. This means that I gained familiarity with a form known as 2555-EZ. The struggle is done and I have emerged without scars - not a victory, but the task is done. I'll be making a stop at the Post Office tomorrow to deposit the envelopes into the system. The envelopes will be checkless this year - a victory.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, isn't it actually TWO days til the deadline?
Pedantically yours,
BB
PS Congrats on the checkless aspect.

Santini said...

I know that you are good at math, TT. So you know that for many people, if you don't send in a check on April 15, you've been lending the government your money, interest free. (A horrible thing.) Though that only applies to those people who pay taxes. (How's that for pedantic, BB?)

Tennis Tousan said...

BB: My self-imposed deadline is April 14, so I don't have to worry about last minute snafu's, but I guess you are technically correct. BTW, thanks for thinking enough of my yellow flower photo to put it to good use as wallpaper.

Santini: I actually don't mind lending the gov't a few dollars. They need the help. Plus, the interest rate that I get on savings is so small that it probably wouldn't buy a Starbucks latte. Not that I'd buy one. I'd probably blow it on tennis balls. TT

Anonymous said...

It's good to see there are others who try to get their taxes done before the deadline! Since I'm terrible at math, I have another Miller (possibly related, even!) do my taxes for me. When she retires from tax, I don't know what I'll do! -NM