Saturday, April 25, 2009

Lock and Dam

A nice March spring day in April found me in Minneapolis again. I like Minnehaha Park, so I trekked around it for a couple of hours after the morning tennis test. This is the lock and dam under the Ford Bridge from a spot in the park. Later in the year the tree foliage will make this view disappear, but it was there today. Incidentally, the Minneapolis park board should do something about its buck thorn problem.

I borrowed a satellite view from Google maps to show where the photo was shot. The river, as is usually the case on this blog, was the mighty Mississippi. Minnehaha Falls and the creek to the river are also well depicted. As well as the soon to be closed Ford Plant on the east side of the river, where they have made pick-up trucks for many years.


And there was the tennis. There were two substitute players today bcause regulars were nursing infirmities, but the tennis was crisp and generally competitive. We finished two sets and were well into a third before time expired. It was my fourth consecutive day of tennis ball smacking. I had a short nap this afternoon.

1 comment:

Santini said...

I like the inclusion of the google map -- it adds a lot for your 'foreign' readers. We're having a bit of March in April (almost May), too. Cool and windy. Ugh.