Friday, April 24, 2009

Cardinal

There were two cardinals sitting in the tree outside my window this evening - male and a female. Cardinals are pretty birds and sort of bloggable. I thought I could sneak up on them and get a good photo. So I was wrong. This is the best one I got, but it has been massaged by iPhoto to concentrate on the male as he streaked away from the beast with the camera. Herb says it's kind of arty, so I'm going with it.



This is the original that I edited to get to the above photo. It is really hard to tell that the blur is indeed a cardinal, but I swear that it is.


The tennis part of the day was spent at Fort Snelling again. The crowd there is thinning out as the days get warmer and the sun stays out into late afternoon. We played a long first set, filled with long deuce, ad in, deuce, ad out sequences. It was a fun set and good exercise. We managed only four games the second set, after swapping partners, and quit, as time elapsed at 2-2, deuce. I came home and napped. I have two more dates with tennis madness the next two days before a day off. I love that game.

The Prairie Princess is home tonight. She's playing Final Fantasy 12 and waiting for Herb to come home from a concert. He rode his bike there, so it's not far off, but he'll be doing some night biking coming home.

1 comment:

santini said...

I agree with Adam -- very arty photo. It is a very good thing to have a game that you love.