Sunday, April 13, 2008

Toasted and Posted

The tax time scurry is pretty much over. The tax accounting has been posted, and I can relax until I get the mail from the IRS doubting my veracity and asking for explanations for my grandiose deductions. Let them eat cake.



Word from the English teacher now touring the subcontinent. She is flying to Delhi on Monday to visit a friend of a new friend in Shimla (or is it Shamli) and then a visit to Agra, where the Taj Mahal sits. I guess if you go to India, it is required that you go to The Taj Mahal. In any case, the odds are good that she will find a flight from Delhi to home sometime next week.

There was some tennis Saturday morning again. We are getting optimistic about outdoor tennis sometime soon. The courts are mostly snow free, but the temps are still too crisp for comfortable tennis ball smacking. The weather creatures are promising 60's next week, with a shot at 70, so we may be outside soon. I played with Hardcore Jerry on Thursday night in mixed doubles with the hardcore girls. Jerry has rigged up an old tool belt so that he can carry around his chemo pump while he plays tennis. It seems over the top to me, too, but he's an adult. It's an odd sound when the pump goes on during play. It sounds a lot like a camera shutter going off. He's in his third week of around the clock chemo next week. He played pretty well, too, but he's not quite at the top end of his game at the moment.

Herb is back from Chicago. He's currently working on Final Fantasy 12 in the living room. Man there's been a lot of those role playing fantasies.

Tommy's granddaughter, Kara, a senior in an Oregon high school, was here this weekend to visit St Olaf, where she plans to matriculate. She stayed here a couple of nights in transit, and I took her to the plane this afternoon. She's nice and also smart. The odd thing is that my mother is her great-grandmother. Maybe not odd, just disconcerting, or something. She liked St Olaf and says that she'll back in the fall to meet the rest of the family, again. I think the rest of the family will like her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Taxes -- bah, humbug. It is good that KS is coming home soon. It sounds like her stint at the 'not a cult' place is behind her, so that's good. I'm sure it will be a relief to have her back home.

Hardcore Jerry is really hard core! I'm not sure I'd carry a chemo pump on my bicycle. (Yes, I think I would.) I hope you weren't too hard on him.

Sounds like Kara's visit went well. Nikki and TJ enjoyed helping to make their great grandmother's red devil's food cake this weekend. Same great grandmother, of course. Family tree. SS