Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Crocus Among Us

The crocus is the first flower to appear in Minnesota's spring, at least in my experience. These little beauties pushed through the maple leaves in my own backyard to greet a very nice day. I think tulips may be next on the agenda for spring.



It is warm, but the wind continues to blow at 15 miles an hour, gusting to 22 or so. I bought a new battery for my bicycle computer and reset all the variables. I have not yet tested the accuracy of the settings. I am off to indoor tennis with the older gentlemen. Another older gentleman, R. Stebbins, will be visiting from out of town this weekend and next week and will be testing my tennis fitness while we crush some forehands somewhere in the greater Twin Cities. It's been a couple of years since I have competed on the same court as RS, but for several years we played singles against each other twice a week. It'll be fun to revisit whatever is left of those competitive juices.

No word today from KS in India.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty crocuses. I particularly like the lavender color. SS

Anonymous said...

Stebbins moved somewhere to be close to his grandchildren? It has been a year or two. Have fun. SS